Instructions for Oral Presentation
//DOWNLOAD THE INSTRUCTIONS HERE// or read it below
It is our great pleasure to welcome you as a speaker at EAUH 2012 in Prague. In order to ensure a smooth course during "your" session, we kindly ask you to consider the following instructions.
Overall time slot for each presentation in the concurrent session is 10 minutes followed by time for discussion unless you have different instructions from the session organiser. Session moderators are instructed to rigorously enforce the schedule, i.e. to strictly obey the length of a presentation.
We kindly ask you for your understanding and for your cooperation in keeping the schedule.
Be at the room of your session at least 30 minutes before the session starts, so that you can submit your presentation, meet your session chairs and the other speakers in advance.
A dataprojector and a PC will be available in all session rooms. The use of personal notebooks has to be announced in advance to the technician in each session room.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PRESENTAION
- Please bring your presentation on a USB memory stick or CD in MS-Power Point or Adobe PDF format and submit it in the ROOM you are having your lecture at the conference venue at least 30 minutes prior to your session! You can of course bring it earlier, in one of the coffee / lunch breaks. In case your speech has been scheduled for morning session please come to the ROOM you are having your lecture one day before the day of your presentation.
- There will be a technical support in each session room.
In order to avoid any problems with your presentation, please make sure it fulfils the necessary needs, and read carefully the instructions below:
- If preparing your presentation in PowerPoint, please use the following versions only: PP 97-2003 and 95 (*.ppt) or 2007, 2010 to guarantee it will be opened successfully on an on-site PC.
- We recommend you to save your PowerPoint presentation using PPT format instead of PPS.
- All videos or animations in the presentation must run automatically!
- JPG images are the preferred file format for inserted images.
- GIF, TIF or BMP formats will be accepted as well.
- Images inserted into PowerPoint are embedded into the presentations. Images that are created at a dpi setting higher than 200 dpi are not necessary and will only increase the file size of your presentation.
- We cannot provide support for embedded videos in your presentation; please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally, the WMV format should work with no difficulties.
- In case your video is not inserted in PowerPoint, it is possible to have it in other formats – MPEG 2,4; AVI (codecs: DivX, XviD, h264) or WMV. Suggested bitrate for all mpeg4 based codecs is about 1Mbps with SD PAL resolution (1024x576pix with square pixels, AR: 16/9).
- In case of Full HD videos, please let us know before the meeting and we’ll test it.
- Videos that require additional reading or projection equipment (e.g. VHS cassettes) will be not accepted.
- Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause wrong layout / style of your presentation.
- Suggested fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma
If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation by choosing the right option when saving your presentation, see details below:
- Click on „File“, then „Save As“
- Check the „Tools“ menu and select „Embed True Type Fonts“
- Laser pointer will be available in main meeting room
- When your session is over, your presentation will be deleted from all computers, no copies or backups will be made.
- Your own computer for the presentation will be accepted only in urgent cases, if you use Mc Intosh please come to session room 3 hours before your session starts and do not forget to bring the adapter with you.
- All speakers are requested to keep the time of their presentation.
STANDARD EQUIPMENT OF THE SESSION ROOMS
Please see below the list of standard equipment of the rooms. In case you have any special AV requirement, please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com
- data - video projector
- desk computer
- sound distribution
- DVD recorder
- remote control
WI-FI / INTERNET CONNECTION
Exclusively for the participants of the EAUH 2012 conference there will be generated individual username and password for WIFI connection. Please ask the registration desk for your login and password.